NEW SEPTEMBER 22nd: Read about our 9 endorsed candidates!
The 2021 Cambridge elections are coming up, and we need as much help as we can get to make sure that we get a City Council that fights for abundant, affordable, stable and sustainable housing!
How You Can Help
- SPREAD THE WORD about the ABC endorsed candidates and about the need for pro-housing voices on the Council!
- VOLUNTEER for the campaign (fill out the IEPAC volunteer form here and we'll be in touch), whether by door-knocking, phone-banking, or helping organize!
- DONATE to our Independent Expenditure Political Action Committee so we can print literature!
- LEARN MORE about housing issues with our essential reading shortlist (full list here), our op-ed about the housing crisis, and by checking out how the candidates responded to our questionnaire!
- The deadline to register to vote is October 13th.
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 2nd. There will be no-excuse mail voting and a week of in-person early voting. Find your polling place and check your voter registration here.
- All nine seats on the City Council are elected at-large on the same ballot, using a ranked-choice voting system called proportional representation. It is important to rank at least 3 to 5 candidates, and we encourage you to rank the entire ABC endorsed candidates list in the order of your choice. You can read more about the PR system here.
A Better Cambridge's election spending (other than the candidate forum) is conducted through an Independent Expenditure Political Action Committee, whose independence is protected by a firewall policy which prevents core ABC IEPAC volunteers from collaborating with any City Council campaign. ABC IEPAC and ABC are separate financial entities, and ABC IEPAC's voluntary contribution policy restricts donations to a maximum of $500 per individual. For more information, visit the ABC IEPAC website.